Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Visual Studio 2019 and missing includes
dts350z
Members
September 24, 2020 - 3:06 pm
Forum Posts: 4
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I have two issues with RackAFX7.

1) I get compile errors for missing include files

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'vstgui/lib/controls/cbuttons.h': No such file or directory Dynamics C:\Users\Glenn.THEBEAST\AppData\Roaming\RackAFX 7.0\RackAFXProjects\Dynamics\CustomControls\customcontrols.h 16

Error C1083 Cannot open include file: 'vstgui/vstgui.h': No such file or directory Dynamics C:\Users\Glenn.THEBEAST\AppData\Roaming\RackAFX 7.0\RackAFXProjects\Dynamics\CustomControls\customviews.h 16

and

Error C1083 Cannot open source file: '..\..\vstgui4\vstgui\vstgui_win32.cpp': No such file or directory Dynamics C:\Users\Glenn.THEBEAST\AppData\Roaming\RackAFX 7.0\RackAFXProjects\Dynamics\RAFX2 WinBuild\c1xx 1

I re-read the installation instructions and I don't think I missed anything. Then I thought maybe those files get installed with ASPiK, so did that, but no joy.

2) I want to use visual studio 2019 and that's the version I configured for the remote re-build keyboard shortcut, however even after updated the project with devenv on the command line, RackAFX opens the project in visual studio 15. FYI clicking on the sln file now opens in 2019 as it should.

Suggestions?

W Pirkle
Admin
October 20, 2020 - 4:50 pm
Forum Posts: 508
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The VSTGUI errors point to your VSTGUI library either not being installed, or installed in the wrong location so it can't find the files. The vstgui4 subfolder needs to be in the same folder as the main project folders. In Visual Studio, you will see the additional include path that has ../../vstuig4 and that is how the compiler knows where to find them (up two directories from the .sln file). You can always change that path manually if you don't want your vstgui4 library in that folder. 

VS2019 is fully integrated and working properly with RackAFX, ASPiK and VST3 exports. 

In Preferences -> Compiler did you select VS2019 from the dropdown list?

Did you get a message about finding the VS2019 executable (devenv.exe) manually? RackAFX makes an educated guess about its location. Unfortunately, after VS2015, Microsoft stoped writing the path of the 2019 devenv.exe into the system registry, which is how RackAFX knew where to find them. 

If RAFX can't find the file at its educated guess location, you need to browse for it manually. 

But after that is done, then it will work just like the others.

Will 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 152

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Skyler: 48

Derek: 46

Frodson: 45

Peter: 43

TheSmile: 43

clau_ste: 39

Chaes: 38

JimmyM: 33

Gwen: 32

jim: 31

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1

Members: 649

Moderators: 1

Admins: 5

Forum Stats:

Groups: 13

Forums: 41

Topics: 706

Newest Members:

jcayetano, Alex, oneday, Phelan Kane, audiocoder, agel, Makai, Abyz, Nonlinear, IgorVish

Moderators: W Pirkle: 508

Administrators: Tom: 74, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 508, VariableCook: 3