Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Critical failure code: 00031
wing
Members
August 13, 2020 - 3:02 am
Forum Posts: 6
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Somehow my RackAFX7 prj file got corrupted, I cannot open my synth project anymore, is there a way to repair?  It is not plain text.

The error message on opening with RackAFX7 says:  Critical failure code: 00031 can not continue with project open operation.

YellCry

Or is there a way to start all over from the source files, and skipping the prj file?

wing
Members
August 13, 2020 - 5:49 am
Forum Posts: 6

Just noticed that RackAFX7 also lost its preferences.

So, my workaround is to redefine the preferences (folders!) and start a new empty project,

and then copy all files from the old project folders into the new project folders.  Phew, this saved me a couple of weeks of coding. (need to make backups more often Wink)

W Pirkle
Admin
October 21, 2020 - 10:19 am
Forum Posts: 573

I'm not sure why you lost your preferences, but I can tell you where they are located.

In RackAFX, use Plugins -> Open Plugins Folder and then go up one directory to the container RackAFX 7.0 folder. In there is a file called socket.log that you can open with a text file to see the settings. 

If this file is ever deleted (which RacKAFX never does) then the preferences are lost. If you have backups of your system, then you can get them back via that file.

As for the original problem, I'm not sure what happened, but the error comes from the Visual Studio .vxcproj file not being "correct" as RackAFRX wants to see it. Again, that can be mitigated with regular backups. 

RackAFX itself has a built-in backup function: File ->Backup Project that will save your project off (I use this all the time when I am making incremental changes that are complicated). It will save your .prj file, but it won't backup the socket.log file.

Will 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 152

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Chaes: 51

Skyler: 48

Derek: 46

Frodson: 45

Peter: 43

TheSmile: 43

clau_ste: 39

jim: 34

JimmyM: 33

Gwen: 32

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1

Members: 696

Moderators: 1

Admins: 5

Forum Stats:

Groups: 13

Forums: 41

Topics: 757

Newest Members:

Jas, Rowan, sojourn, fabhenr, rg1, Niklas, Wutru, Tim Campbell, Danny Jonel, Valentin

Moderators: W Pirkle: 573

Administrators: Tom: 74, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 573, VariableCook: 3