I am little confused about ASPiK what can do, therefore I have some questions about it
1. Can I use MS VisualStudio for code and use ASPiK to only for create project?
2. Can I use different window system instead VST4GUI? I want integrate and use WPF instead VST4GUI.
3. I saw documentation, and I found Supported OS is only for Windows 8.1 and W 10. Can I use ASPiK on Windows 7?
1. Yes, ASPiK generates plugin-projects and then you compile them with Visual Studio (for Windows) and/or Xcode (for MacOS).
2. Yes, you can use a different GUI platform, but you will need to write the code for all of that, including the thread-safety issues (see my FX book, 2nd edition for more information on that) that *are API-dependent.* This means you will need to thoroughly understand the APIs (AAX, AU and VST3) in order to implement it since this is a component of the GUI portion of the product. This is one of the reason it is open-source hosted on GitHub.
3. In theory you can use ASPiK on Win7. A larger problem is the compiler. If you are using Visual Studio, you will need at least VS2017 for VST3 and VS2015 for AAX (and of course, AU is MacOS only). I have not tried VS2015 on Win7.
ASPiK uses C++11 extensions, and VSTGUI4 uses C++14 extensions, so your OS must be able to host a compiler with those advanced capabilities.
- Will Pirkle
Most Users Ever Online: 55
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:Simple, Chris_1, manyu, AdamR, Stuart, Al Calabrese, frankthetank, dhodgson, Wanderer, mister1234
Moderators: W Pirkle: 352
Administrators: Tom: 71, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 352