Hey guys, has anyone figured out how to edit the block files inside the ASPiKreator package? I renamed it to a zip, edited it, zipped it, changed it back to a .block file and that kind of worked, but it placed the project folder in its own PluginTemplate folder tree.
I noticed that simply renaming / zipping up / renaming, without actually touching the folder adds quite some data; so this method clearly doesnt work
Why in the world would you try to edit a file inside of a MacOS App? That will only lead to disaster.
For the MacOS ASPiKreator, the .block file is a special .zip version of the plugintemplate folder. This is an attempt to prevent people from messing up their template, then using the ASPiKreator.
DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE. The ASPiKreator (Mac) will see the file as being tampered with and it won't work anymore.
If you are trying to fix your Cocoa issue (which I still cannot replicate), editing this file will do absolutely nothing to help you.
Messing with the .block file will only screw things up, not help them.
It looks like I will now need to encrypt this file, to prevent this exact kind of hacking. Thanks.
I'm working on some changes to RackAFX. When that is done, I will release the new ASPiK, with new tamper-proof MacOS version (which will extend the time for the next release).
I apologise if I have caused any concern but I am glad to hear it led to the the discovery of the root of an issue! This was not actually to do with the Cocoa problem I was experiencing, at least not directly, and was far more innocent.
My reasoning is likely due to a lack of knowledge which is generally the case. I was actually just looking at changing the base project folder that is created when a new ASPiK project is created (for personal use only). I have a few things in the CMAKE files, such as additional files to be automatically included, and a few base values remaining changed (such as the previously mentioned VST3 Resizing value kTrue), etc etc.
This led me to discovery of the plugintemplate block file. I hope this has not caused too much concern or work for you to do in encryption.
These are things that can be added post but alas.
EDIT : I have written a small shell script to replace what I needed to achieve so it isn't dependant on ASPiK or editing blocks. lol.
I have made a modification to the ASPiKreator that will solve both issues. You will now be able to choose how to create the new project - using either a (safe) encrypted version of PluginTemplate that you can not mess up, or using the PluginTemplate folder in the SDK, assuming you've made modifications to it to add new functionality, etc...
In the event that you do something that is bad news with the PluginTemplate, I have added a mechanism to restore the original PluginTemplate from the encrypted file.
This lets you use your own custom PluginTemplate, but also has an emergency backup to repair the template if you do something that breaks your new projects.
Most Users Ever Online: 152
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:lance, Mistahbrock, Jas, Rowan, sojourn, fabhenr, rg1, Niklas, Wutru, Tim Campbell
Moderators: W Pirkle: 573
Administrators: Tom: 74, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 573, VariableCook: 3