Avatar

Please consider registering
guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —




— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
auval failure
Avatar
Sam
Member
Members
November 11, 2016 - 10:20 pm
Member Since: May 21, 2015
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've run into some problems when trying to validate my AU

when I ran "auval -v aufx ABCD ABCD" it would return:
----------------
Bad Max Frames - Render should fail
ca_require: inFramesToProcess <= mMaxFramesPerSlice TooManyFrames /Users/samferguson/Desktop/DelayTroll/AUBase.cpp:1360
from AU (0x80596062): 'aufx' 'ABCD' 'ABCD', render err: -10874
PASS

Checking parameter setting
Using AudioUnitSetParameter
Using AudioUnitScheduleParameter
/usr/bin/auval: line 11: 1430 Segmentation fault: 11 arch -x86_64 /usr/bin/auvaltool "$@"
-----------------

I have tried to solve it myself but to no avail, any ideas?

Sam

Avatar
W Pirkle
Admin
November 12, 2016 - 1:49 am
Member Since: January 29, 2017
Forum Posts: 508
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hmmm. I've never seen this from a RackAFX ported AU project. Which version of RackAFX are you using for this?

- Will

Avatar
Sam
Member
Members
November 12, 2016 - 2:14 am
Member Since: May 21, 2015
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I'm using version 6.6.4.1, and xcode version 7.2.1

Sam

Avatar
Derek
Member
Members
November 12, 2016 - 4:41 am
Member Since: November 19, 2015
Forum Posts: 46
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I get the

Bad Max Frames - Render should fail
PASS

And then continues on to validate successfully. I've just ignored that. Confused Not sure if it's relevant to your issue as mine does not give the other errors you see.

Avatar
W Pirkle
Admin
November 14, 2016 - 7:29 pm
Member Since: January 29, 2017
Forum Posts: 508
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Well, the Bad Max Frames test will PASS if the test fails, which it does here and that is normal.

The problem is the seg fault that occurs during the AudioUnitScheduleParameter test which looks like an uninitialized pointer or other non-existent object access. There are a couple of things to try:

1) get the new Beta version (use Contact form and I'll send you a password) -- the Make AU function was overhauled in the beta, in part to handle thread-sync issues, and might fix your issue

2) since the error involves the AU Parameters (which correspond to your RackAFX UI variables) you could try removing the controls and then doing the port to AU; this should now pass validation. Then you can add the controls back one at a time until you find the one that is causing this

Do you have any out-of-the-ordinary UI controls?

Sorry I don't have more info but I've never see this failure before - I've seen many auval fails during testing and implementation of RackAFX's Make AU function and there is always a reason and usually simple fix; the problem is that you have to sort of guess what's going on because you can't easily debug auval.

- Will

Avatar
Sam
Member
Members
November 15, 2016 - 5:07 am
Member Since: May 21, 2015
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That's a helpful clue when I was making the GUI I lost a tab switch container inside another tab switch container but with an origin outside the size of the parent switch container, essentially off screen. I couldn't see it so I kind of ignored it... I thought I'd try to delete that first and see if that's what was causing the issue but when I tried to open it up in xcode I got this message:

"Project Delay Troll Debug.xcodeproj cannot be opened because the project file cannot be parsed"

It also gives me that message when I try to open the make VST xcode project, whether it is on my mac or my friend's. I suspect this is unrelated as it has nothing to do with auval but a problem none the less.

I do have a few custom Cview stuff going on, they are for display only but they would also be likely suspects. If it's not one of those or the lost tab switch container then I'll probably try the new Beta. I have 102 controls so I'm not eager to add them all in one at a time but will do it if necessary. But in the mean time any thoughts on the "cannot be parsed" issue?

Sam

Avatar
Sam
Member
Members
November 25, 2016 - 7:25 pm
Member Since: May 21, 2015
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Update:

So I got the new Beta version and that solved the "cannot be parsed" issue and the auval issue, the only odd thing is that now when my project loads all the Enum lists default to the last item in the list and not the first as it did before, but when I load up the AU in logic it seems to be the right way around so no harm no foul I suppose.

I am still getting errors when I try to build the VST on my mac, but I'll post that in the VST forum

-Sam

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 152

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Skyler: 48

Derek: 46

Frodson: 45

Peter: 43

TheSmile: 43

clau_ste: 39

Chaes: 38

JimmyM: 33

Gwen: 32

jim: 31

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1

Members: 649

Moderators: 1

Admins: 5

Forum Stats:

Groups: 13

Forums: 41

Topics: 706

Posts: 2726

Newest Members:

jcayetano, Alex, oneday, Phelan Kane, audiocoder, agel, Makai, Abyz, Nonlinear, IgorVish

Moderators: W Pirkle: 508

Administrators: Tom: 74, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 508, VariableCook: 3