Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Wierd errors with Make VST and VS Express 2013
No permission to create posts
February 25, 2017
10:22 am
spcplugins
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've been experimenting with RackAFX, using VS Express 2013 on Windows 10. I'm able to build RackAFX projects but I'm unable to build projects using the "Make VST" option, due to the error "Unable to locate Platform Toolset v140". I've tried installing the v140 toolset (and restarting) but the error persists. Incidentally, this error appears to relate only to the "Base" part of the solution as the other part is set to v120 - is that correct?

If I set the Base part to v120 also, I get errors relating to "ShObjIdl.h", so I assume that's the wrong approach. Any ideas?

February 26, 2017
11:04 am
W Pirkle
Admin
Forum Posts: 140
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Yes, you need to manually change the platform toolset for VS2013 in the Properties for the base lib portion; you will want to do this for all configurations (release/debug/x86/x64). This is because of the base class configuration file in the VST3 SDK, not the Make VST operation. It looks like the last time they built the SDK examples for non-VS2010, they used VS2015 at Steinberg. 

Image Enlarger

After making this change, I had no problems compiling the Make VST projects with VS2013 - I am using VS2013 Professional, however. But I don't think that should make a difference. You may want to do a clean operation (or Rebuild All) in VS. Also, as a check, you should try to compile one of the VST SDK sample projects with your version of VS2013. The base portion of the VST3 projects is fundamentally identical for all projects (SDK or RackAFX).

- Will

February 27, 2017
8:52 am
spcplugins
Members
Forum Posts: 3
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I tried again this morning and the VST project built without any errors, even though I've not changed it - must have been some sort of glitch. Thanks for your help, Will.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 36

Currently Online: W Pirkle
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Skyler: 47

Derek: 41

Peter: 41

clau_ste: 39

Frodson: 38

Gwen: 32

EZB: 24

lppier: 23

Msaldaña: 18

Jorge: 17

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 1

Members: 478

Moderators: 1

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 11

Forums: 29

Topics: 479

Newest Members:

certvalue111, sobhana s, sam, annaharris, Marie Weaver, kev, Steven, Mr Anderson, mguy, omelc

Moderators: W Pirkle: 140

Administrators: Tom: 65, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 140