Previous versions of RackAFX (prior to v6.8) issued both a Rebuild Solution and then a Build All message to Visual Studio. Depending on which version of Visual Studio you used, you got different results (either Rebuild - which involves a Clean Solution first, or a plain Build which does not Clean first). The Rebuild Solution is the better option of the two and since the plugins are generally less complex than full-blown apps, the amount of time the operation takes is negligible. If you have Visual Studio 2012, 2013 or 2015, you may need to setup the compiler to process a remote Rebuild Solution command. It is EASY and you only need to do it once. The procedure is:
1) in Visual Studio, choose Tools -> Options -> General -> Keyboard
2) in the command list box, scroll down and select the item that says "Build.RebuildSolution"
3) the shortcut should be Ctrl + Alt + F7 -- if it is not, or is empty (which is the new default in VS2015) then you need to assign this hotkey:
4) click in the "Press Shortcut Keys" edit box and then click your Ctrl, Alt, and F7 keys together; you should see the combination appear in the box; if you don't get the proper combination, keep trying
5) click the "Assign" button to assign the shortcut, then click OK
This is what it should look like when you are finished:
That's it - VS will now properly receive the Rebuild command and will provide a cleaner, more robust mode of operation.
Most Users Ever Online: 55
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:frankthetank, dhodgson, Wanderer, mister1234, Evan Galvanek, Rowan Fraser, patrickbarr1984, Ray C., Jon R., Pat
Moderators: W Pirkle: 344
Administrators: Tom: 69, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 344