January 29, 2017
I've been working on v6.7 since December 2015 and have some sneak preview information for you:
- completely updated and modernized RackAFX GUI (though you can still switch back to "Classic View" if you wish, or you are following along in the books) - there are now 80 knobs on the main interface, and you can now scroll the knobs to reveal 1200 total knobs; likewise there are 1044 scrollable Radio Button banks and 1044 scrollable Switches - no need for the LCD Control because you will never run out of controls again
- UI switches can now be Momentary or On/Off
- combination VectorJoystick/XY-Pad
- ability to compile your RAFX plugins in 64-bit mode so they will run as native VST2/3 plugins in 64-bit clients!
- redesigned Side-chain interface
- ability to use Line In for side-chaining; also works for Synth plugins so you can finally make your own Vocoder!
- addition of the new CSegmentButton control from VSTGUI4 allows you to make vertical and horizontal radio-button controls without the complicated graphics files that are needed for CVerticalSwitch and CHorizontalSwitch; the new control also appears in your VST/AU ports
- ability to link a CTextLabel to a variable so that it updates as the underlying variable changes
- you can now set the "precision" variable (number of significant digits) so that edit controls and linked text labels will show whatever precision you wish (the default has been 2 sig digits all along)
- Make AAX for creating AAX versions of your plugins
- numerous small bug fixes and enhancements, including the removal of "Root.Unit" text in VST ports when using the host/default GUI
Stay tuned for more info.......
January 29, 2017
Here's a sneak preview of one of the GUI variations for the main interface; I riffed heavily off of the new Avid S6 (which we just purchased at the U) though I also have Ableton Live and SSL-ish schemes as well. There are light and dark versions and multiple (new) knob graphics to choose from. You can also assign knob graphics when you setup your knobs so you can group by color on the main UI. This is one of the more "colorful" versions but you can also tone it down and make it a bit more less 80's looking.
November 19, 2015
January 29, 2016
January 29, 2017
Actually, the new RAFX has both "Modern" and "Classic" main UI modes, so you can go right back to the old, original main GUI specifically for people following along in the book... but yeah the GUI designer has undergone some bigtime improvements since the books were published.
And yeah, I'm actually looking forward to 2nd Editions of both books to fix stuff and simplify other stuff.
April 5, 2016
It could be also awesome if (for example) give to the students of your class the task to make a series of videos to new users, i mean, a video let you understand a lot more, i think that if there's also a video-book it would be really a complete resource, everything explained and also showed to the user
November 1, 2016
Hello Will !
really love the 6.8.0.x version !
but what about the replacing of LCD control & alpha wheel ? Not inclued in theses versions.
i try to find a way to have à LCD screen who show all functions (waveforms, LFO settings, detune, filters, etc...) and controlled by only one alpha wheel selector & 1 for the intensity (like we could do with the 6.4.1 LCD control)
is it possible with the new 6.8 version ?
EDIT: Found ! 😀
Module 1: Making Tabbed GUIs !
(quasi) infinite possibilities with it. 🙂
Most Users Ever Online: 36
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:P1ger, MrWho, marian9lal, miroslavsuk, Eternal_Engine, EternalEngine, inhahe, aparks5, Pepe le Vamp, KimMorton
Moderators: W Pirkle: 53
Administrators: Tom: 60, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 53