January 29, 2017
This wrapper project works fine by itself, but when you want to create new projects, you will need to edit a few of the AU files. This is also where you setup your codes for AU Validation, covered in the next topic.
1) to copy the wrapper, just copy the folder and change the name to the new project. Then, open XCode and change the project name by clicking on it to edit it directly (it is in the File Group tab, and says "1 target, OS X SDK " --- this will change the name of your .xcodeproj file too.
2) OPTIONAL: change the name of the RAFX CPlugIn derived object in the .h and .cpp files you edited above. You can also change the name of the .h and .cpp files by editing them directly in XCode. Depending on the book project, you might also need to add more files to the project. You will need to create them manually in XCode.
--- IN THE RackAFX2AUFilter.cpp FILE: ---
3) change the #include "RafxToAuWrap.h" to whatever your new files are named if you changed them
4) in the constructor, change the instantiation line to your new object name
m_pRAFXPlugIn = new CRafxToAUWrap; // <--- change to your new object, if you changed the name
--- IN THE RackAFX2AUFilter.r FILE: ---
5) change the following lines to something new for backwards compatibility with older AU clients; you will need to reuse these same strings in the steps later:
// --- the 4-letter plugin code name
#define COMP_SUBTYPE 'RAFX'
// --- the 4-letter manufacturer name (note the RUSH song - change this to your own company code)
#define COMP_MANUF 'XYYZ'
// NOTE this needs to be in the format ": "
#define NAME "Your Name: RafxToAUWrap"
When you open your AU Client, the company will be "Your Name" and the Plug-In name is after the : in the line above; change this to your own company/plugin name like
"YYZ Plugins: Volume In dB"
--- IN THE Info.plist FILE: ---
6) here is the post OSX 10.7 way of setting up your company name and identifier strings.
Open the Info.plist file and expand the dictionary named AudioComponents.
Expand Item 0 beneath that.
Edit the attributes identically to the values you used in the .r file above:
manufacturer XYYZ <--- your 4-letter manufacturer code
name Your Name: RafxToAUWrap
subtype RAFX <--- your 4-letter plugin code
Last Topic: validating your new plugins
Most Users Ever Online: 36
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:hill william, NAUN_SONAR, sufy, Diane, Richard, drvenkman, venkman, Jfx, drorh, funkysteve
Moderators: W Pirkle: 237
Administrators: Tom: 67, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 237