January 29, 2017
RackAFX v6.7 and above will now include the Make AAX function so that you may now port your plugin into an AAX project. The AAX API is a private API and I have now received written permission from Avid to enable this feature, which I implemented and debugged in the Spring of 2016. As with other AAX porting software, there are some rules about how to use this new function. For this feature, it is critical that you observe the following:
1) you must be an AVID-licensed AAX Developer with a legitimate version of the latest AAX SDK installed on your system - NOTE: as of 2017, AVID has made the AAX SDK public - you must still register as an AAX Developer but the SDK is no longer "private"
2) the Make AAX ported projects will be of no use without the SDK - they are not stand-alone projects and may not be compiled without the SDK (in the same way that the Make VST projects work) - however you will be able to see the AAX code; there are no hidden linked libraries or anything else like that.
3) you must be able to compile, test, and debug the sample projects in the AAX SDK prior to attempting to use Make AAX
4) you must follow the rules about placement of the VSTGUI4.3 folder within the SDK folder hierarchy
5) if you have specific AAX technology questions, please address them to the AAX Developer's Forum; if you have questions about the RackAFX implementation, you can ask them here on this Forum.
Most Users Ever Online: 36
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:Matt, dspstudent, strings4v, TheSmile, semihyavuzz, alfredLue, danioc, midnightskate3, Alia5, Shamal Sundar
Moderators: W Pirkle: 208
Administrators: Tom: 67, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 208