January 29, 2017
To use Make AAX in v6.7.x:
1) use the Make AAX button to export your project - note this is only available in the Modern RackAFX GUI, or you can use File -> Export Project as AAX Project in v188.8.131.52 and later. This will create the AAX project in the folder you choose in View -> Preferences.
2) place the AAX project folder in the ExamplePlugins folder in your AAX SDK (or alternatively, setup the target folder in View -> Preferences)
3) make sure you have the VSTGUI4 folder setup correctly AND that you have the vstguibase.h file copied over per the instructions here: http://www.willpirkle.com/foru.....ers/#p1368
4) for Windows, there are folders for VS2008, VS2010 and VS2012 as per the AAX SDK. If you want to use VS2013 or VS2015 then use the VS2012 folder and update the project accordingly. As with the sample projects (which you should have already practiced with), you will need to pre-compile the base AAX library first for the compiler and bit-depth of the target OS. After compiling, copy over your AAX plugin to the proper location for the Dev version of Pro Tools that you have installed.
5) for MacOS, use the project located in the xcode4 subfolder and compile as normal (likewise, you will need to have pre-compiled the base AAX library first), then copy the AAX plugin into the correct location for your Dev version of Pro Tools. The reason I do not setup the xcode project to copy the file for you is that this location varies depending on the version of PT that you have installed, however you can add a simple Build Rule to do that manually in XCode.
After testing in the Dev version of Pro Tools, you will need to follow the normal PACE code-signing as usual to run in the ordinary versions of Pro Tools. See the AAX Dev Con forum for information on that.
I will post a video on these steps (except for PACE code signing) later.
Most Users Ever Online: 36
Currently Online: TheSmile
Guest Posters: 1
Newest Members:Bill, hill william, NAUN_SONAR, sufy, Diane, Richard, drvenkman, venkman, Jfx, drorh
Moderators: W Pirkle: 247
Administrators: Tom: 67, JD Young: 80, Will Pirkle: 0, W Pirkle: 247